From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for compression handling
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 07:42:17
1 On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:03:28PM +0100, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > >>>>> On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 >
4 > > If there's an inclusion list and an exclusion list, there's only a
5 > > need to delete things from the exclusion list if the exclusion list
6 > > has bad initial values, and never any need to delete things from the
7 > > inclusion list. And since reliably rewriting links in HTML when
8 > > compressing is at best tricky and at worst impossible (think
9 > > JavaScript navigationy things), is there ever going to be any need
10 > > for removing from the exclusion list?
11 >
12 > Right, probably there isn't. So we will need only two options:
13 >
14 > - "docompress" (without option or with option "-a"): add paths
15 > (directories or files) to the inclusion list
16 > - "docompress -x": add paths to the exclusion list
17
18 Globbing support? Also I assume compliant implementations do their
19 updating between install/preinst?
20
21 ~harring