From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] imlate x86 Editon and more x86 fun
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 05:25:55
1 On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:15:17 -0400
2 Olivier Cr(D+4te <tester@g.o> wrote:
5 > We really need to form an x86 team...
6 >
7 > --
8 > Olivier Cr(D+4te
9 > tester@g.o
10 > x86 Security Liaison
11
12 I really do agree with not only this, but the need for stable marking as well. Gentoo is very bleeding edge at this point, and I feel that stable packages are somewhat lacking. However, the problems I see is what is considered "Let the herd handle it" and what is considered "sure why not". The script output should help, I'm just afraid that if a person marks a package that the maintainer was planning on working at, things could go wrong. I'm open to ideas on such a team, but I'm not sure how to workout the major issues at this point.
13
14 Chris White