From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI placement
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:04:22
1 On Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2007, Santiago M. Mola wrote:
2 > Nobody said that eclasses can't use new features.
3
4 Using new features in ebuilds or eclasses relates. EAPI A using ebuild with
5 EAPI B using eclass (but not defining any EAPI) is your hard nut. Shouldn't
6 happen, but will. And bugs in eclasses unfortunately don't have a minor
7 impact.
8
9 > Just that they
10 > cannot _set_ EAPI or assume they are working with any EAPI.
11
12 And I say they can - under the condition that you have a defined subset of
13 ebuilds belonging to that eclass.
14
15 > Yep, that issue should be addresses as it is in paludis and pkgcore.
16
17 Neither one is Gentoo's package manager Please spare me an answer. :)
20 Carsten