From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in sys-fs/ncdu: ChangeLog ncdu-1.3.ebuild
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 15:10:14
1 On 10/3/07, Josh Sled <jsled@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Wolfram Schlich <wschlich@g.o> writes:
3 > > * Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> [2007-10-03 19:12]:
4 > >> On 12:43 Wed 03 Oct , Wolfram Schlich wrote:
5 > >> > And *please*, don't send such mails to this
6 > >> > list *and* to my address in addition.
7 > >>
8 > >> You can add a procmail rule to detect duplicates using a cache and
9 > >> checking Message-Id, with formail. Examples of this are all over the
10 > >> place. It's a useful rule to have for many reasons besides this.
11 > >
12 > > Yeah, but it's unpredictable *which* one of the two mails makes
13 > > it first onto my system, thus the one *not* sent to the list might
14 >
15 > Sigh.
16 >
17 > It is the same message, addressed To/Cc: you and/or the list, no matter which
18 > one is delivered first. So just put all list(+private) filtering before
19 > personal filtering.
20 >
21 > E.g.,
22 >
23 > # filter duplicate-message delivery; see procmailex
24 > # "The more you know."
25 > :0 Wh: msgid.lock
26 > | formail -D 8192 msgid.cache
27 >
28 > :0 He
29 > * ^(to|from|cc):.*gentoo-dev
30 > lists/gentoo-dev/
31 >
32 > # other public mailing lists (more general, least specific)
33 >
34 > # other private filters (less general, most specific)
35 >
36 > # some might call the following 'inbox'...
37 > :0
38 > otherwise-unfiltered/
39 >
40 > --
41 > ...jsled
42 > http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}
46 What about those of us suffering with Outlook!??!
47
48 -Alec
49 --
50 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list