From: Josh Sled <jsled@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in sys-fs/ncdu: ChangeLog ncdu-1.3.ebuild
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 04:46:28
1 Wolfram Schlich <wschlich@g.o> writes:
2 > * Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> [2007-10-03 19:12]:
3 >> On 12:43 Wed 03 Oct , Wolfram Schlich wrote:
4 >> > And *please*, don't send such mails to this
5 >> > list *and* to my address in addition.
6 >>
7 >> You can add a procmail rule to detect duplicates using a cache and
8 >> checking Message-Id, with formail. Examples of this are all over the
9 >> place. It's a useful rule to have for many reasons besides this.
10 >
11 > Yeah, but it's unpredictable *which* one of the two mails makes
12 > it first onto my system, thus the one *not* sent to the list might
13
14 Sigh.
15
16 It is the same message, addressed To/Cc: you and/or the list, no matter which
17 one is delivered first. So just put all list(+private) filtering before
18 personal filtering.
19
20 E.g.,
21
22 # filter duplicate-message delivery; see procmailex
23 # "The more you know."
24 :0 Wh: msgid.lock
25 | formail -D 8192 msgid.cache
26
27 :0 He
28 * ^(to|from|cc):.*gentoo-dev
29 lists/gentoo-dev/
30
31 # other public mailing lists (more general, least specific)
32
33 # other private filters (less general, most specific)
34
35 # some might call the following 'inbox'...
36 :0
37 otherwise-unfiltered/
40 ...jsled
41 http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}