From: Wolfram Schlich <wschlich@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in sys-fs/ncdu: ChangeLog ncdu-1.3.ebuild
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 00:20:20
1 * Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> [2007-10-03 19:12]:
2 > On 12:43 Wed 03 Oct , Wolfram Schlich wrote:
3 > > And *please*, don't send such mails to this
4 > > list *and* to my address in addition.
5 >
6 > You can add a procmail rule to detect duplicates using a cache and
7 > checking Message-Id, with formail. Examples of this are all over the
8 > place. It's a useful rule to have for many reasons besides this.
9
10 Yeah, but it's unpredictable *which* one of the two mails makes
11 it first onto my system, thus the one *not* sent to the list might
12 end up in my INBOX and the one sent to the list, that would have
13 been correctly delivered to the mailbox for this list, would be
14 deleted by procmail because it would be recognized as the duplicate.
15 So that is just not a solution.
16
17 I will instead filter mails sent by @gentoo.org addresses that have
18 '\[gentoo-commits\]' in their subjects but no List-Id: header.
19 Bad luck for everyone who sends such mails *only* to me.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Wolfram Schlich <wschlich@g.o>
23 Gentoo Linux * http://dev.gentoo.org/~wschlich/