From: Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Replacing cpu-feature USE flags
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 23:12:02
1 Jory A. Pratt wrote:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 >>> On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:31:56 -0700 Joshua Jackson <tsunam@g.o>
4 >>> wrote:
5 >>> | Or instead of throwing a hissy fit yourself about diego not agreeing
6 >>> | with you..I don't know you could go and show the way that you feel it
7 >>> | should be done and show the technical merit. Ciaran I will give you
8 >>> | that you are a capable programmer, and had valid arguments in this
9 >>> | thread. However, when interacting with people and proving points on
10 >>> | merits you seem to go out of your way to not prove anything and throw
11 >>> | examples out there without really backing them up.
12 >>>
13 >>> No, I go out of my way to avoid posting hundred page essays explaining
14 >>> things that people already know. If there's really anyone reading this
15 >>> discussion who doesn't understand any of the points being discussed,
16 >>> they're more than welcome to ask for clarification. However, given how
17 >>> basic an issue this is, is it really worth wasting everyone's time with
18 >>> huge explanations of what CFLAGS is?
19 >>>
20 >>> Come on, do you really think anyone will benefit from another
21 >>> http://dev.gentoo.org/~blubb/duncan.pdf ?
22 >>>
23 >
24 > Stephen Bennett wrote:
25 >>> On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:31:56 -0700