From: "Xianwen Chen (陈贤文)" <x@××××.ac>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-python/numb-0.40.1.ebuild
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 13:05:39
1 Dear juippis,
2
3 Thank you. I checked the pull thread out on github.com.
4
5 Do I get it right that the numba folder is already removed from
6 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/tree/master/dev-python?
7
8 Yours sincerely,
9
10 Xianwen
11
12 On 2020-07-01 19:50, Joonas Niilola wrote:
13
14 > On 7/1/20 10:37 PM, Xianwen Chen (陈贤文) wrote:
15 >
16 >> This ebuild enables Python 3 as one of the Python targets. Otherwise
17 >> there is no difference between this ebuild and the latest ebuild in
18 >> Portage, which only had Python 2 as the Python target.
19 > Then it probably doesn't work. Did you try running tests on python3
20 > implementations?
21 >
22 > There's an ongoing process trying to get it fixed for python3, and I
23 > hope the science team will take over now, because this package is ...
24 >
25 > https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/15766
26 >
27 > Also we have this site called "Bugzilla" where you would've seen any
28 > bugs/process related to numba being worked on, and you could've reported
29 > the julia issue earlier on:
30 >
31 > https://bugs.gentoo.org
32 >