From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Support Everywhere
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 19:52:29
1 Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > This is a request for comments on a new project,
5 > namely "Gentoo Support Everywhere".
6 >
7 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gse/
8 >
9 > The web page doesn't really explain all the background
10 > needed to understand why would anyone want to start such
11 > a project. However this forum thread might be more
12 > clarifying:
13 >
14 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-762914.html
15 >
16 > The initial aim is to provide some support to these lost souls
17 > that wander around the LQ forums, and to create a Gentoo
18 > subforum at LQ like many other distros do. However, eventually
19 > the support might be extended to other places if there's a
20 > need and enough human power to do so.
21 >
22 > Comments welcome, and thanks for reading.
26 From my understanding, LQ doesn't have a Gentoo subforum because Gentoo
27 already has its own forum. Why should Gentoo have two forums? I must
28 also say the the Gentoo forum is more than adequate for help.
29
30 Also, the link to your thread does not exist. I get "The topic or post
31 you requested does not exist".
32
33 Dale
34