From: Chuck Haines <chaines@×××.EDU>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cannot complete install of the v1.1a
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:42:35
1 I would also make sure that you have mounted /boot if it is a separate
2 partition and not auto mounted.
3
4 On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Arturas Baranauskas wrote:
7 > Hello.
8 >
9 > I have a problem with the installing of Gentoo Linux v1.1a.
10 > I did everything as it was described on your web page, I just
11 > skiped sections "from stage1 to stage2" and "from stage2 to
12 > stage3" - the documentation says that it's not needed.
13 >
14 > Then I set up the GRUB, reboot Gentoo Linux, and I get
15 > error in this line (/boot/grub/menu.lst file):
16 >
17 > kernel /boot/bzImage root=/dev/hda6
18 >
19 > It says that "a file cannot be found" or something simmilar.
20 > I checked the /boot directory - there is no file named bzImage.
21 >
22 > What am I doing wrong ? Please, help me.
23 >
24 > Thank you in advance.
25 >
26 > Best regards,