From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] x-modular.eclass: A modified approach to EAPI support
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 05:22:07
1 On 12:57 Fri 06 Mar , Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > I decided to try something a little different because I had some ideas
3 > for improving the existing EAPI patches I've seen going into other
4 > eclasses. So here is my patch for x-modular.eclass. I tested it with
5 > ebuilds using EAPIs 0, 1, and 2, and it appeared to work fine. It
6 > already happened to have a function called src_configure, so that
7 > doesn't appear in the patch.
8
9 FYI, using EXPORT_FUNCTIONS before inherit, as this patch caused
10 x-modular.eclass to do, is broken in current portage releases. Zac said
11 he would change this to be consistent with the lack of any ordering
12 restriction in the PMS. Thanks to Tomáš Chvátal for tracking down this
13 tricky bug!
14
15 I ran a quick check across everything in the tree and was happy to see
16 nothing doing this besides my eclass patch. Here's the scriptlet I used:
17
18 for i in /usr/portage/eclass/*; do
19 grep -q EXPORT_FUNCTIONS $i || continue
20 grep -q inherit $i || continue
21 LINE1=$(grep -n EXPORT_FUNCTIONS $i | grep -v ':#' | cut -d: -f1 | head -n1)
22 LINE2=$(grep -n inherit $i | grep -v ':#' | cut -d: -f1 | tail -n1)
23 if [[ $LINE1 -lt $LINE2 ]]; then
24 echo $i $LINE1 $LINE2
25 fi
26 done
27
28 Manual checking of the two results showed false positives.
31 Thanks,
32 Donnie
33
34 Donnie Berkholz