From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for March
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 02:50:43
1 Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2 >
3 > What we propose is proper testing and keywording by anyone
4 > around...not just team members.
7 Thanks for the info - inactive maintainers are obviously a problem.
8 Maybe the proper approach is for a more "Free-for-all" system like you
9 suggest, with arch teams focusing on more arch-specific aspects of
10 gentoo (such as the 32-bit libs for amd64, etc), and with arch teams
11 having a QA oversight role for their arch. Perhaps arch teams should
12 publish clear (and reasonably simple) policies they would like to see
13 followed with their archs, and then devs could feel free to follow them
14 on their own initiative. Accountability would obviously matter, but we
15 don't want to chop off hands for first offenses, either.
16
17 The Gentoo dev community is fairly closed - it isn't like just anybody
18 can go keywording packages left and right.
19
20 However, we do need to make sure that QA is followed.
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list