From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for March
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 18:43:57
1 Hi,
2
3 Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>:
4 > > Hope you're not referring to any of my arches because that's not
5 > > true :) In fact, if i did that, i wouldn't crash the alpha dev box
6 > > so often, right Tobias?
7 > I dunno - I just hit bug 211021 today while trying to clean out old
8 > bugs. Already stable on one arch and not a word from the maintainer.
9
10 As I was the one ccing arches, I should explain here...humpback has
11 not reacted on tor bugs for a long time, not even security ones. So I
12 did bumps and minor fixes for some time now, including stabilisation
13 requests. My only failure here was, that I did not add myself to
14 metadata.xml.
15 My policy is to ask for stabilisation --> no reaction for one week
16 (if it is urgent), I call arches.
17
18 > While amd64 is a lot more mainstream than it used to be you can't just
19 > assume that upstream wouldn't have released something if it didn't
20 > work perfectly on amd64.
21
22 Here you are right, and I must admit I sometimes only compile-test. I
23 test everything I can, for special hardware I ask around in the team,
24 but if there is no one I have no other choice.
25
26 > No disputing that there is a problem - we just want to be careful that
27 > the solution isn't worse than the problem...
28
29 What we propose is proper testing and keywording by anyone
30 around...not just team members.
31
32 V-Li
35 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
36 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
37
38 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>