From: Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for March
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 03:43:48
1 Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2
3 > What we propose is proper testing and keywording by anyone
4 > around...not just team members.
5
6 I agree... our main problem is manpower -- people actually working on
7 the stable bugs. I've tried to do it myself a few times, but each time
8 it just burns me out to the point where I don't want to (and won't) work
9 on anything Gentoo-related for a time.
10
11 I've mostly resigned myself to working on just security bugs, but even
12 those are so common that we need people looking at them all the time as
13 well.
14
15 Anyway, I'm all for a policy of if you have an amd64 box, and you're on
16 a team / herd that wants to move forward with stable plans, just consult
17 the amd64 team and then go ahead with it. Anything to spread the
18 workload so that people don't get fed up with the bottlenecks.
19
20 Steve
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list