From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] libpng update steps: How to do it without breaking things
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:02:01
1 On Wednesday 17 April 2002 17:23, Aadi Deshpande wrote:
2 > I tried it out again. The problem was that I had two versions of QT ( 2 and
3 > 3 ) and they both linked against libpng.
4 >
5 > So when I ran the scripts, it was printing out x11-libs/qt as needing to be
6 > remerged, and me in my infinite lack of wisdom didn't even bother looking
7 > into that.
8 >
9 > i noticed something else, however, that the qt3 ebuilds don't respect the
10 > CXXFLAGS. Is there a reason for that?
11
12 No, there's an issue on bugzilla for that :-) Will be done at some point.
15 > --- Spider <spider@g.o> wrote:
16 > > begin quote
17 > > On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:31:00 -0700 (PDT)
18 > >
19 > > Aadi Deshpande <cilqproj@×××××.com> wrote:
20 > > > Sorry for the potentially silly question, but if I get the list of
21 > > > packages to remerge from running the script and then build one of the
22 > > > packages, should it still print out that package if i run the script
23 > > > again?
24 > > >
25 > > > thanks,
26 > > >
27 > > > -a
28 > >
29 > > If it gets printed out again there's a problem that the package doesn't
30 > > link libpng originally, but gets it from another library it includes.
31 > > This is not good. OR, you could have emerged libpng 1.0.x after 1.2.x
32 > > and thus get a wrong version linking.
33 > >
34 > > --
35 > > begin .signature
36 > > This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
37 > > See Microsoft KB Article Q265230 for more information.
38 > > end
41 > > ATTACHMENT part 2 application/pgp-signature
42 >
44 > Do You Yahoo!?
45 > Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
46 > http://taxes.yahoo.com/
48 > gentoo-dev mailing list
49 > gentoo-dev@g.o