From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek.chauhan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Agenda [WAS: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:10:50
1 On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> And why don't y'all fix a bug like that?
4 >
5 > We do what PMS requires regarding handling of inline comments (which is
6 > the same as what some EAPI 0 accepting Portage versions do, so PMS
7 > can't allow inline comments), and indicate an error (rather than
8 > writing junk, as older Portage did) when inline comments are used.
9
10 I believe this is reasoning is no longer valid. Current versions of
11 Portage accepts inline comments just fine (so does pkgcore). So, your
12 logic for PMS not allowing inline comments is based on "some [...]
13 [old] Portage versions" and does not specify current Portage
14 behaviour. IMO, it should be fixed to reflect majority (and
15 specifically portage) behaviour.
16
17 Interesting to note, however, that Paludis doesn't accept inline
18 comments, and this behaviour predates PMS.
22 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list