From: Troy Dack <tad@g.o>
To: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GTK2 QT Theme
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:54:44
1 On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 18:59, Spider wrote:
2 > On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:18:24 +1100
3 > Troy Dack <tad@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Currently most gtk-engines-* ebuilds seem to belong to the Gnome herd,
5 > > so not wanting to step on anyones toes, would the Gnome herd object to
6 > > this build being placed in the tree?
7 >
8 > as it is its crashy, check the reported gaim crashes due to the theme
9 > for example (yes. that was the 0.2 version). as ~ is -not- a playground
10 > for broken packages or known buggy things I oppose the inclusion of this
11 > until it can be shown as to not crash applications.
12
13 Fair enough, I don't want to cause any extra work for the Gnome herd.
14
15 I'll leave it in dev.g.o/~tad/overlay for the time being. I have added
16 a warning on dev.g.o that is visible when people browse to the ebuild
17 directory.
18
19 When (if) this theme shows better stability then it may be a candidate
20 for inclusion, for the time being, those that so desire can grab the
21 ebuild and use it at their own risk. (I don't think adding it to
22 package.mask is really appropriate either).
23
24 [ FWIW I haven't had any GTK2 applications crash whilst using this
25 theme, applications include: Evolution, Gaim, Multisync & XChat-2 ]
28 Troy Dack Gentoo moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and
29 tad@g.o look around once in awhile, you could miss out.
30
31 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4D90BE3C
32 Key fingerprint = 1F3D 6C15 16AA 09D5 0C96 92E5 FD89 16F9 4D90 BE3C