From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Portage Category: dev-scheme
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:18:50
1 On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 04:14, Drake Wyrm wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 03:02:23AM -0500, in
3 > <20040127080223.GB5541@××××××××××.org>, Blake Matheny <jake@g.o>
4 > wrote:
5 > > Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?
6 > > > I think dev-cl doesnt tell much, might be better to have something like
7 > > > dev-clisp.. and while we're at it.. dev-lisp...
8 > > Not what I was suggesting. As seemant said, I think a good direction to go
9 > > would be lisp-clisp, lisp-scheme, etc as the game categories have done.
10 > I know convention states that categories will be named <type>-<subtype>
11 > and, by the "games" precedent, split into <subtype>-<subsubtype> when
12 > necessary. Is there anything that actually stops us from using more than
13 > one dash in a category name? I can see that this opens a huge can-o-worms,
14 > but how about dev-lisp, dev-lisp-clisp, dev-lisp-scheme, etc.?
15
16 I am pretty sure that categories can only have one dash. At least I
17 know that was true, but I am not positive if it still holds to be the
18 same.
21 Chris Gianelloni
22 Developer, Gentoo Linux
23 Games Team