From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Portage Category: dev-scheme
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:13:00
1 On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 03:02:23AM -0500, in
2 <20040127080223.GB5541@××××××××××.org>, Blake Matheny <jake@g.o>
3 wrote:
4 > Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?
5 > > I think dev-cl doesnt tell much, might be better to have something like
6 > > dev-clisp.. and while we're at it.. dev-lisp...
7 > Not what I was suggesting. As seemant said, I think a good direction to go
8 > would be lisp-clisp, lisp-scheme, etc as the game categories have done.
9 I know convention states that categories will be named <type>-<subtype>
10 and, by the "games" precedent, split into <subtype>-<subsubtype> when
11 necessary. Is there anything that actually stops us from using more than
12 one dash in a category name? I can see that this opens a huge can-o-worms,
13 but how about dev-lisp, dev-lisp-clisp, dev-lisp-scheme, etc.?
17 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
18 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
19 --Ghost in the Shell