From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Adding /etc/udev/rules.d/ to CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 13:54:41
1 On Samstag, 1. September 2007, Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > I like the idea of adding this to CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK.
3 >
4 > Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
5 > > Only problem I see: What to do with people having custom modifications
6 > > inside the default rules-files?
7 >
8 > I can't think of any cases where the user would have to do this (they
9 > can make custom modifications in their own files).
10 >
11 > Could we modify the rules files installed by udev to include a comment
12 > at the top warning that a default portage configuration will overwrite
13 > any changes that the user makes?
14 >
15 I have newer testing files locally, but as far as I remember udev-115 should
16 contain this header on almost all rule files already.
17
18 # do not edit this file, it will be overwritten on update
19
20 Matthias
23 Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)
24 --