From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Summary for 15 March 2007 special council meeting on CoC
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:39:43
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > There isn't one yet, but proctors@ or reporting on BugZilla will
3 > probably work fine as soon as kingtaco and kloeri actually get the
4 > initial proctors together.
5 >
6 In all seriousness I propose asshole@g.o - I am not trying to start a
7 bidding war here for names, so please don't flame me. The reason I propose
8 is that anybody who uses gentoo knows what it means. Further, it's easy to
9 remember; "Who was that asshole from gentoo- mail the .*!" It's not like
10 the rest of the GNU community don't know about our situation and it shows
11 we're taking it seriously, but not that seriously.
12
13 Nor is it much of a problem with anglophonic parents nowadays.
14
15 > "Only Gentoo developers may be nominated"
16 > Thus your corner-case of a moderator that does nothing else wanting to
17 > become a council member is not valid, because the moderator is not a
18 > developer, if he were, he would be doing other things as well.
19 >
20 As a user I would dearly love to see the forum mods in there. I guess you
21 know that by now ;)
22
23 > See the 20060914 council meeting where we discussed conflicts of
24 > interest and reached the conclusion that we should act professionally
25 > (and impartially) if possible, and abstain from a matter if that was not
26 > possible (example in the meeting was kloeri being the lead of devrel).
27 >
28 ++
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list