From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] better handling of multibyte characters (nls/cjk/unicode)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:41:55
1 begin quote
2 On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:26:17 +0100
3 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote:
4
6 > Hash: SHA1
7 >
8 > On Thursday 30 October 2003 12:44, Mamoru KOMACHI wrote:
9 > >
10 > > Any objection if I add unicode USE flag (and make it default in all
11 > > profiles) ? We cannot simply convert cjk USE flag to unicode, but in
12 > > some cases unicode USE flag seems appropriate and we definitely need
13 > > it. (currently dev-python/wxPython and x11-libs/wxGTK have unicode
14 > > local USE flag and others use cjk or nls for unicode support)
15 > >
16 > > If nobody objects (and hopefully many approve ;) ) I'll create it
17 > > this weekend.
18
19 unicode, or utf-8 ? There ought to be some magic to convert locales to
20 utf-8 as well if this is enabled.
29 > A thing a bit unrelated is that it might be a good idea to create some
30 > documentation on how to setup gentoo for foreign languages.
31 like this :
32 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml
35 //Spider
36 --
37 begin .signature
38 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
40 end