From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] allowing configuration of builds?
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 16:32:13
1 Pete Gavin wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 11:22:55PM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
4 > > >
5 > > > Oh, and I ran make check on the glibc build again, and it went fine this
6 > > > time... The problem was the one you mentioned before. I wan't doing
7 > > > anything other than compiling glibc, though, so I'm not sure what cause
8 > > > the problem.
9 > >
10 > > This is definately a kernel/reiserfs problem. Take a look at the reiserfs
11 > > mailinglist and
12 > > watch out for low latency relatet mails.
13 > > What kerenle did you use 2.4.1-pre8 or 2.4.0-ac11 ?
14 > >
15 > > achim~
18 > I was using 2.4.1-pre8.
19
20 So it is more definatly a kernel/reiserfs problem. Things work better with
21 2.4.0-ac11.
22
23 What do you think about that temporary solution for the kernel configuration.
24
25 if [ "${LOPCAL_KERNEL_CONFIG}" == "interactive" ]
26 then
27 make menuconfig
28 else
29 if [ "${LOCAL_KERNEL_CONFIG}" ]
30 then
31 cp ${LOCAL_KERNEL_CONFIG} .config
32 else
33 cp ${FILESDIR}...../config .config
34 fi
35 yes "" | make oldconfig
36 fi
37
38 This way you can eigther pass your own config file or use the interactive
39 method.
40 If the var is not set it behaves as before.
41
42 achim
45 > Pete
48 > gentoo-dev mailing list