From: Pete Gavin <pete@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] allowing configuration of builds?
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 16:38:15
1 On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 12:06:19AM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
2 > So it is more definatly a kernel/reiserfs problem. Things work better with
3 > 2.4.0-ac11.
4 >
5 > What do you think about that temporary solution for the kernel configuration.
6 >
7 > if [ "${LOPCAL_KERNEL_CONFIG}" == "interactive" ]
8 > then
9 > make menuconfig
10 > else
11 > if [ "${LOCAL_KERNEL_CONFIG}" ]
12 > then
13 > cp ${LOCAL_KERNEL_CONFIG} .config
14 > else
15 > cp ${FILESDIR}...../config .config
16 > fi
17 > yes "" | make oldconfig
18 > fi
19 >
20 > This way you can eigther pass your own config file or use the interactive
21 > method.
22 > If the var is not set it behaves as before.
23 >
24 > achim
27 Well, I've done a simple addition to the current ebuild script that will
28 set INTERACTIVE=y in the .ebuild file if it is passed w/ the -i switch.
29 I put it in sys-apps/portage/files/ebuild-pete. I'll also attach a
30 linux kernel ebuild script I put together to take advantage of this...
31
32 I'll email it to you separately from this message.
33
34 Pete