From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: noarch keyword
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 19:05:45
1 > So, my question is, why can't we add a noarch/~noarch keyword and see
2 > how things go? If it gets abused we can always nuke it later.
3
4 I'm pretty sure we already discussed this in very much detail in the past at
5 least once, and came to the conclusion that there are problems with that
6 approach. What's different now?
7
8 Sorry, but for the moment your mail is a bit big on fluffy ideas and a bit thin
9 on details how it's going to work... as unsorted examples,
10 * how is allarches supposed to interact with use.stable.mask?
11 * who is doing allarches stabilizations?
12 * what are the allowed dependencies? obviously an allarches package can only
13 depend on other allarches packages...
14 * what happens if an allarches package gets, e.g., masked on one arch?
17 Andreas K. Hüttel
18 dilfridge@g.o
19 Gentoo Linux developer
20 (council, qa, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)