From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] coldplug and hotplug
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 18:40:41
1 On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 01:22:39PM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 03 May 2006 12:26, Jakub Moc wrote:
3 > > Well, it should not be loaded first of all... Hence why I want to have
4 > > an ability to turn off the coldplug thing *completely* on udev level.
5 >
6 > So maybe I should be clear in conf.d/rc that the RC_{COLD,HOT}PLUG stuff only
7 > affects services started and not the actual plugging itself.
8
9 Yes. I'll be working on a udev specific option to enable/disable the
10 coldplug functionality that it is currently causing (loading all modules
11 for all devices at boot time right now.)
12
13 I held off on doing that for a while, until people complained that it
14 wasn't doing it like other distros, now people complain when it was
15 switched :)
16
17 Seriously, it will take a bit of work, and I'm slowly getting there, too
18 much "real job" work these days.
19
20 Thanks for your patience,
21