From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] coldplug and hotplug
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 12:28:19
1 On Wednesday 03 May 2006 12:26, Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > Well, it should not be loaded first of all... Hence why I want to have
3 > an ability to turn off the coldplug thing *completely* on udev level.
4
5 So maybe I should be clear in conf.d/rc that the RC_{COLD,HOT}PLUG stuff only
6 affects services started and not the actual plugging itself.
7
8 > iptables already has "before net", doesn't exactly help. Well, I don't
9 > need net on boot level first of all and I didn't set it to be launched
10 > at that runlevel. The runlevel setting gets ignored, however.
11
12 Hmmm, maybe you don't understand then :)
13 If coldplug adds net services to the boot runlevel then the firewall script
14 needs to be in the boot runlevel.
17 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
18 Gentoo/Linux Developer (baselayout, networking)
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list