From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] splitting build deps out from depends
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:40:43
1 If the point is to make dependencies complete, isn't there a way to
2 build in some support for detecting it into some tool or other?
3
4 If we have a program that can create an environment and detect which
5 programs are run within the environment (maybe sandbox can do this,
6 maybe something with LD_PRELOAD, I'm sure we can think of something),
7 then we can build a list of programs that are run during the build.
8 If we have such a list, we can find out which packages are required
9 to provide the tools in the list.
10
11 Such a tool could be used to generate the correct build dependencies
12 automatically or verify the existing bdeps.
13
14 Maurice.
17 Maurice van der Pot
18