From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Summary: Install CD Bloat thread
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:57:16
1 > There are a number of packages that pull in Perl 5 during the process of
2 > creating the CD image, but pptpclient is the only package that survives
3 > through to the actual CD image that genuinely needs Perl 5. See the
4 > attachment for all the gory details.
5
6 One thing, your list lists xinetd as a dependency of ftp, but is there
7 actually any reason to offer the server part of the ftp package at all. I
8 mean why would the livecd include an ftp server. I see the point of the
9 ftp client that is in that package, but imho removing the whole of xinetd
10 is no problem.
11
12 Paul
15 Paul de Vrieze