From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: slyfox@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] new tmpfilesd.eclass
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 07:48:11
1 On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:38:06 +0300
2 Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 23:25:16 +0200
5 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 23:57:57 +0300
8 > > Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o> wrote:
9 > >
10 > > > But there is no simple way to install such helpers from ebuilds.
11 > > > The tmpfiles.d is aimed to help in such situations.
12 > >
13 > > Yes, there is.
14 > >
15 > > $ grep dotmpfiles *.eclass
16 > > systemd.eclass:# @FUNCTION: systemd_dotmpfilesd
17 > > systemd.eclass:systemd_dotmpfilesd() {
18 > >
19 > > Well, it doesn't have a new* variant but I guess that can be added
20 > > if necessary.
21 >
22 > Oh, nice. What do you think of moving those helper implementations to
23 > tmpfiles-d.eclass and make
24 >
25 > systemd_dotmpfilesd() { dotmpfiles_d "$@"; }
26 >
27 > as William suggested? That way we would not impose blocker DEPENDs
28 > from systemd.eclass to users and might help adding {do,new}tmpfiles_d
29 > to later EAPIs
30
31 These blockers do not hurt. They're against ancient systemd versions,
32 and they're going to be removed soon as well.
33
34 > > Also, maybe for some devs a easy make_tmpfiles_d() function will be
35 > > useful too...
36 >
37 > Yeah, it would be handier to have more freedom in file naming in
38 > ${FILESDIR} like 'proftpd/files/tmpfiles.d-r1.conf' and not just
39 > proftpd.conf (which is the name of server config file)
40
41 I mean function where you wouldn't have to learn the syntax, like we
42 have make_desktop_entry().
45 Best regards,
46 Michał Górny