From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: mgorny@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] new tmpfilesd.eclass
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 07:33:47
1 On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 23:25:16 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 23:57:57 +0300
5 > Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > But there is no simple way to install such helpers from ebuilds.
8 > > The tmpfiles.d is aimed to help in such situations.
9 >
10 > Yes, there is.
11 >
12 > $ grep dotmpfiles *.eclass
13 > systemd.eclass:# @FUNCTION: systemd_dotmpfilesd
14 > systemd.eclass:systemd_dotmpfilesd() {
15 >
16 > Well, it doesn't have a new* variant but I guess that can be added if
17 > necessary.
18
19 Oh, nice. What do you think of moving those helper implementations to
20 tmpfiles-d.eclass and make
21
22 systemd_dotmpfilesd() { dotmpfiles_d "$@"; }
23
24 as William suggested? That way we would not impose blocker DEPENDs from
25 systemd.eclass to users and might help adding {do,new}tmpfiles_d to later EAPIs
26
27 > Also, maybe for some devs a easy make_tmpfiles_d() function will be
28 > useful too...
29
30 Yeah, it would be handier to have more freedom in file naming in ${FILESDIR}
31 like 'proftpd/files/tmpfiles.d-r1.conf' and not just proftpd.conf (which is the
32 name of server config file)
33
34 I don't care who will write/commit tmpfiles-d.eclass :]
35
36 Thanks!
40 Sergei