From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: x86-fbsd <x86-fbsd@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Killing ~x86-fbsd?
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 18:59:07
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm going to keep this short. Gentoo/FreeBSD is on life support for
4 quite some time already. The little work happening around it is all
5 focused on amd64. I'm not aware of any developer running ~x86-fbsd
6 at this point, and all keywording requests on this arch aren't met with
7 response.
8
9 The single profile is marked exp and the depgraph is continuously
10 degrading. At this point, it would probably be simpler to start over
11 (and possibly copy keywords from ~amd64-fbsd) than to try to fix
12 the current state.
13
14 Therefore, I'd like to propose that we remove the profiles and kill
15 the arch altogether. Is anyone opposed to that?
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny