From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] multiple compile-install phases
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:26:54
1 Sunday, 17. June 2007, Marijn Schouten (hkBst) Ви написали:
2 > I've encountered a few cases where the build process requires building and
3 > installing something and then using that to build something else. Is there
4 > a standard way to do this?
5 I'd say - split the package in two (or how many pieces there are). Such
6 procedure implies that the parts are already well isolated, so the split
7 should not be that hard to do. Trying to force it "in one go" is not trivial
8 usually, unless what you are talking about is some bootstrap procedure.
9 However in that case there should be a certain way of "proper bootstrapping"
10 for the package described in its install docs.
11
12 George
13 --
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list