From: Markus Meier <maekke@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] global useflags
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:38:56
1 On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:13:09 +0100
2 flameeyes@×××××.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò) wrote:
3
4 > Markus Meier <maekke@g.o> writes:
5 >
6 > > hdf5: Adds support for the Hierarchical Data Format v5
7 >
8 > And what the heck is the Hierarchical data Format v5? :P But I admit
9 > it's still better than "Adds support for HDF v5"...
10 >
11 > > djvu: Enable djvu support
12 >
13 > Not much more useful than just "djvu". beside the capitalization
14 > should be DjVu (iirc), it would be nice to say at least what DjVu is
15 > supposed to be...
16
17 djvu: Enable support for DjVu (a digital document format with advanced
18 compression technology and high performance value)
19
20 > > cxx: Enable support for C++
21 >
22 > I'd rather use "Builds support for C++ (bindings, extra libraries,
23 > code generation, ...)"
24
25 +1
26
27 > > css: Enables ripping of encrypted DVDs
28 >
29 > Are we sure that nothing intends css as Cascading Style Sheet?
30
31 app-cdr/k3b:css - Enables ripping of encrypted dvds
32 dev-python/kaa-metadata:css - Enables ripping/reading of encrypted dvds
33 media-video/cinelerra-cvs:css - Enable support for encrypted files
34 through libmpeg3 media-video/undvd:css - Enables ripping of encrypted
35 dvds media-video/winki:css - Enables ripping of encrypted DVDs
36
37 > > fontconfig: Support for managing custom fonts via
38 > > media-libs/fontconfig
39 >
40 > A bit better, but it's not to manage custom fonts, more like custom
41 > fonts options...
42
43 fontconfig: Support for configuring and customizing font access via
44 media-libs/fontconfig
45
46 > > highlight: Enable source code highlighting
47 >
48 > Uh? I don't really want to look what does make that an option worth an
49 > USE flag...
50
51 I can live without it...
52
53 > > cvs: Enable CVS (Concurrent Versions System) support
54 >
55 > Maybe "integration" rather than "support", if it's always integration
56 > that is enabled...
57
58 +1
61 Thanks for the input.