From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] global useflags
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 23:08:45
1 Markus Meier <maekke@g.o> posted
2 20080213213836.18f659ef@g.o, excerpted below, on Wed, 13 Feb 2008
3 21:38:36 +0100:
4
5 > djvu: Enable support for DjVu (a digital document format with advanced
6 > compression technology and high performance value)
7
8 I'm not complaining if this is deemed acceptable, but I thought the idea
9 was to keep it to 80 chars, if possible. If that's the case, perhaps
10 leaving it at (a digital document format) might be preferable. That
11 still says at least what it is, so is workable IMO, even if the longer
12 description is certainly nicer if the 80 char limit no longer applies.
13
14 IOW, just because the proposal above may be too long isn't reason to just
15 say it enables support for DjVu, without anything else. =8^) Knowing
16 it's a doc format is much more useful and higher priority than the
17 compression/performance stuff, if something has to be left out.
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
25 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list