From: Michael Krelin <gentoodoo@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Distrowatch
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:19:22
1 > On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 18:54 +0100, Michael Krelin wrote:
2 >>> Seriously.
3 >>>
4 >>> Everybody go to distrowatch and click on the little Gentoo no the right
5 >>> and watch what happens. If we got everybody to do it, then suddenly
6 >>> Gentoo must be the most popular distribution on the planet!
7 >> Is that going to prove anything but Gentoo supporters infancy?
8 >
9 > No. It does prove that Gentoo supporters (at least on this list) have
10 > no sense of humor. Look at what I was responding to and read what I
11 > said again. In case you're still not noticing, it was a joke. It shows
12 > that the distrowatch "ranking" means absolutely nothing but the number
13 > of times somebody(s) clicked on a link.
14
15 I am sorry then. I mistook "seriously" as relating to the rest of your
16 letter, not the one you were answering to. The sad part is that it's not
17 improbable that it could be serious. After all, I think you can't help
18 noticing that rankings were brought up somehow.
21 Love,
22 H
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list