From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Distrowatch
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:59:55
1 On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 18:54 +0100, Michael Krelin wrote:
2 > > Seriously.
3 > >
4 > > Everybody go to distrowatch and click on the little Gentoo no the right
5 > > and watch what happens. If we got everybody to do it, then suddenly
6 > > Gentoo must be the most popular distribution on the planet!
7 >
8 > Is that going to prove anything but Gentoo supporters infancy?
9
10 No. It does prove that Gentoo supporters (at least on this list) have
11 no sense of humor. Look at what I was responding to and read what I
12 said again. In case you're still not noticing, it was a joke. It shows
13 that the distrowatch "ranking" means absolutely nothing but the number
14 of times somebody(s) clicked on a link.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
19 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
20 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
21 Gentoo Foundation