From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Cutting down on non-cascaded profiles
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 22:23:20
1 On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 10:12:03PM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > What about adding a "panic" mode to portage which, when confronted with a
3 > missing profile, (and after confirmation) continues to upgrade portage to the
4 > latest version it can find with some default settings that should allways
5 > work.
6 Can't see any tenuable way to pull it off; without the profile,
7 keywording can be something of a crapshoot (consider p.mask'ed portage
8 versions, which do, and will continue to, occur).
9
10 Depends on your definition of default though I spose; I'd expect it
11 would require a portage modification though :)
12 ~brian
13 --
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list