From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: EAPI spec (was Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: let's clear things up (was Slacker archs))
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:37:13
1 On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:13:54 -0800 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 | So... how far a long are they?
4
5 Better to say what we don't have:
6
7 * descriptions of all those pesky little helper programs.
8
9 * clarity and detail for certain sections.
10
11 | Further, since this *is* something gentoo needs, when will it
12 | potentially be finished? We've been told repeatedly it's being
13 | worked on, and it's referred to as if it's almost finished.
14
15 It will be finished when it's ready.
16
17 | > However, in the interests of it ever getting finished, we have to
18 | > ensure that certain people don't get their hands on it or we'll
19 | > have to spend all our spare time arguing over pointless nonsense.
20 |
21 | What, like the existing portage devs?
22
23 Access is open to individual people who ask for it, if we think that a)
24 they'll be useful rather than just going around attempting to sabotage
25 the thing and b) they won't give it to the wrong people.
26
27 | Flamewar aside, it's a simple request; can the council please look
28 | into it. If this is the route to go (ie, closed development and
29 | they're doing it), fine, but I'm requesting folks take a look at it,
30 | see if it's progressing.
31 |
32 | If it's not, then time to find another way to get it done.
33
34 *shrug* It's not so much about getting it done as having something
35 decent when it is done. For it to be useful, it has to be quality, not
36 wiki.
39 Ciaran McCreesh
40 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
41 Web : http://ciaranm.org/