From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: EAPI spec (was Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: let's clear things up (was Slacker archs))
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:16:50
1 On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 03:49:56PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 07:24:54 -0800 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
3 > wrote:
4 > | On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 03:11:20PM +0000, Steve Long wrote:
5 > | > Before you go- were you working on EAPI? I've been waiting ages on
6 > | > that..
7 > |
8 > | No, that's spb's project (with apparent help from ciaranm).
9 > | http://cia.navi.cx/stats/project/PMS
10 > |
11 > | Possible they've gone and shifted the name (or disabled
12 > | notification); either way, think it's probably worth getting a status
13 > | update on it in council this coming month.
14 >
15 > The offer of "we'll let council people read it if they promise not to
16 > let anyone else get their hands on it" is still open.
17
18 I can understand "wait until we've got something to show"; that's
19 fairly standard- that's about the only case I consider valid however.
20
21 So... how far a long are they?
22
23 Further, since this *is* something gentoo needs, when will it
24 potentially be finished? We've been told repeatedly it's being worked
25 on, and it's referred to as if it's almost finished.
26
27 In light of that, don't really see any reason for the council to *not*
28 get a status update on it.
31 > However, in the interests of it ever getting finished, we have to
32 > ensure that certain people don't get their hands on it or we'll
33 > have to spend all our spare time arguing over pointless nonsense.
34
35 What, like the existing portage devs?
36
37 Flamewar aside, it's a simple request; can the council please look
38 into it. If this is the route to go (ie, closed development and
39 they're doing it), fine, but I'm requesting folks take a look at it,
40 see if it's progressing.
41
42 If it's not, then time to find another way to get it done.
43
44 ~harring