From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ML changes
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 07:21:16
1 On Friday 13 July 2007 01:17, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:43:59 -0700
3 >
4 > "Chrissy Fullam" <musikc@g.o> wrote:
5 > > An additional method discussed was to have all non-dev emails on
6 > > a timeout, pick a number of hours, and then the email if not
7 > > moderated would be released. (non-dev sends his email, time period
8 > > expires and no one booted it, so the email rolls through)
9 >
10 > For what it's worth, _IF_ this proposal goes through I'd strongly prefer
11 > that mode of operation, so that moderation can't become a limiting
12 > factor.
13 >
14 > Marius
15 >
16 > PS: Am I the only one who missed both reminders for the meeting?
17 No, I missed them and the meeting as well:-(
18
19 Before I recently joined the council I was against implementing the Proctors
20 but now that we they apparently have been disbanded I think we're better off
21 with an open -dev than some form of moderation. Flamefest contributors should
22 be temporarily blacklisted.
23
24 We can have a -dev-announce or -dev-info for devs that don't want to wade
25 through all the mails here on -dev.
26
27 We still need -core for private communications and need input on -dev from
28 non-devs. As a very busy person I wouldn't want the extra burden of
29 moderating emails to -dev.
30
31 /me smacks himself for missing the meeting
34 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
35 Gentoo Linux Security Team
36 --
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list