From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Revisiting GLEP 19
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:16:08
1 On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 08:39, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > I think we'll end up moving the ChangeLogs over to an XML format as part of
3 > this work. This will make it easier to write tools that can filter updates
4 > based on security alerts and bug fixes.
5 >
6 > Just imagine being able to do:
7 >
8 > emerge --show-summaries -u world
9 >
10 > and being able to get a list of bugs and security problems fixed by the
11 > prospective upgrades, with links to the relevant entries in Bugzilla.
12
13 I love that idea. The only problem I see is the need to add xml-parsing
14 ability to portage, but the QA tool that was posted to this list a while
15 back and the metadata xml parser, shows that it isn't impossible.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering QA Manager/Games Developer
20 Gentoo Linux
21
22 Is your power animal a penguin?