From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] initrd
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 15:55:37
1 For the new SELinux API in 2.6, it is required that the SELinux policy
2 is loaded by initrd. We don't have a mkinitrd in portage. I could add
3 a Gentoo-fixed RedHat mkinitrd, but I'd prefer not to, since all I have
4 to do in the initrd is 3 commands (and I don't want to maintain a
5 mkinitrd ebuild either). However, there is a static shell in the RedHat
6 mkinitrd package (nash) that is compiled with dietlibc which I do want,
7 because its tiny, and made to run in a initrd.
8
9 Would it be acceptable to create something like a "mkpolicyinitrd"
10 package that pulls in the RH src rpm, and compiles nash out of it, and
11 adds in my own mkinitrd script? I could also put the mkinitrd in our
12 selinux-base-policy ebuild, and just create a nash ebuild.
13
14 I would rather have a ebuild just for nash. Is there any preference, or
15 other suggestions?
18 Chris PeBenito
19 <pebenito@g.o>
20 Developer, SELinux
21 Hardened Gentoo Linux
22
23 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
24 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243