From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Slacker archs
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 03:26:48
1 I'm replying here because I couldn't decide whether or not it made
2 more sense to reply to your email, your blog post, your reply to
3 flameeyes blog post, your radio commercial, your television
4 advertisement, or your phone call.
5
6 The things that this doesn't do (Or if it does it isn't documented) is
7 account for:
8
9 *packages where there is no stable version on that arch. (Or does
10 adjutrix still suggest keywording.. its unclear)
11
12 * This doesn't address the initial claim that versions of packages are
13 in the tree waiting on only a mips/lesser supported arch to keyword
14 them. It only says that some arch has keyworded a package stable, and
15 others havn't, this does not show that version N is only in the tree
16 because of arch xyz (which is why I stated that adjutrix doesn't do
17 this).
18
19 * The numberes themselves could be considdered useless as it only
20 shows packages which have been marked ~ on that arch in the past (not
21 missing keywords)-- Therefore on an arch like x86/amd64 where more
22 packages have been tested, there will be more to stabilize. (I realize
23 that this doesn't really affect the initial claim any, just pointing
24 out how the numbers are not that representative.