From: Jeff Bester <gte525u@××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Random stuff.
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 00:51:29
1 Included in that attachment is:
2
3 1) quick and dirty mailx port from OpenBSD (I couldn't seem to find sane
4 source code anywhere else). Compiles with some warnings but works alright.
5 I'll look at the code and might clean it up if anyone really cares.
6
7 2) a bad ebuild for it (don't have anywhere to house it so it has no URI) and
8 I'm pretty sure I messed up something but it should be a decent base.
9 Procmail is required to deliver the mail (just like OpenBSD)
10
11 footnote: nail might be good, since mailx really isn't maintained anymore,
12 just the openBSD folks and the debian crew seem to occasionally add security
13 patches, though choice is good also.
14
15 3) portsentry ebuild which I've tested and seems to work. It needs a entry
16 in /etc/rc.d/init.d but I wasn't sure how to include such with the ebuild.
17
18 I'll send in logcheck ebuild tommorrow, but alas I need some sleep.
19 --
20 Jeffrey Bester
21 jbester@×××××××××.edu
22 jbester@×××××××.com