From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: GLEP 19 -- Gentoo Stable Portage Tree
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:39:52
1 On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:13:49AM +0100 or thereabouts, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > It would be included into the snapshot for x86 and ppc only. It is very
3 > uncommon for an ebuild that is stable enough to go into the snapshot to
4 > be accidently marked stable for an arch. Also we will have QA over the
5 > snapshot before it is released. This QA will at least involve making all
6 > packages (for a GRP tree). As we are dealing with a snapshot it is
7 > actually easier to ensure that things compile because a lot of variation
8 > is taken away. You can ensure that you only have say openssl-0.7 so you
9 > don't get problems with openssl-6
10
11 I think you may be confusing the snapshot we make for GRP packages with the
12 proposed stable tree. There are no plans to offer GRP packages of the
13 stable tree.
14
15 Not to say we can't/won't do it, but it's not included as part of this
16 GLEP. Again, if the QA folks want to leverage this tree and provide
17 additional QA efforts around it, that's great. That's not the primary
18 target of this GLEP, however.
19
20 --kurt