From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for March
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 23:26:42
1 Markus Ullmann wrote:
2 > we had that in the past already yet it didn't solve one problem at hand:
3 > users getting distacted and devs getting nervous b/c the process is
4 > a) undocumented and
5 > b) a bit complex as you have to keep $repo and gentoo-x86 in sync
6 >
7 > So giving both (devs and users) an automated way of working with that
8 > would help a lot IMHO.
9 >
10 > like the user submits using
11 > echangelog "My cool change"
12 > repoman submit
13 >
14 > then the dev gets a diff or whatever against current state and then
15 > just does
16 >
17 > repoman accept or
18 > repoman reject <yourreasonhere>
21 Markus,
22
23 you're talking about git.
24
25 > note: just brainstorm idea but we definitely could use some scripts
26 > for this kind of work.
27 >
28 > Greetz
29 > -Jokey
33 Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
34 Gentoo- forums / Userrel / SPARC / KDE
37 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list