From: Markus Ullmann <jokey@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for March
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 21:25:50
1 Zhang Le schrieb:
2 > IMO giving proxy-maintainer due credit and publicity, meaning make it a formal
3 > position, could solve the very problem Anant's proposal intended to solve.
4
5 we had that in the past already yet it didn't solve one problem at hand:
6 users getting distacted and devs getting nervous b/c the process is
7 a) undocumented and
8 b) a bit complex as you have to keep $repo and gentoo-x86 in sync
9
10 So giving both (devs and users) an automated way of working with that
11 would help a lot IMHO.
12
13 like the user submits using
14 echangelog "My cool change"
15 repoman submit
16
17 then the dev gets a diff or whatever against current state and then just
18 does
19
20 repoman accept or
21 repoman reject <yourreasonhere>
22
23 note: just brainstorm idea but we definitely could use some scripts for
24 this kind of work.
25
26 Greetz
27 -Jokey