From: Brendan Horan <brendan@×××××.hk>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Server hardaware give away (misc archs)
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 03:45:32
1 ----- On 7 Sep, 2017, at 10:53 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. wlt-ml@××××××.com wrote:
4 > In an ideal sense, equipment like this would go to something like OSU
5 > OSL or some other hosting provider. Though there is the cost of
6 > bandwidth, power, and man power to service hardware issues. Not to
7 > mention rack, provision, etc.
8 >
9 > Donate gear to Gentoo to be used/accessed by any dev, and maybe some
10 > others. I think Gentoo should have more internal resources available
11 > for developers to use. Then again I had lots of ideas for Gentoo....
12 >
13 > --
14 > William L. Thomson Jr.
17 Its all well and good to ask, I don't mind.
18 However systems like this need good , caring owners not a "board/trust " group.
19 I don't mean that in a disrespecting way.
20 They just need a little more attention and up keep.
21
22 A quick update :
23 j6750 has now been claimed by : foxit
24
25 I am going to see if I can ship the j6750 and the power6 together.
26
27 Thanks everyone :)