From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-powerpc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: PowerPC meeting minutes - 05/15/15
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 16:59:19
1 Jack Morgan posted on Sun, 17 May 2015 07:14:41 -0700 as excerpted:
2
3 > (b) gnome/kde desktop support --Based on whether systemd works or not,
4 > we will evaluate continuing supporting these desktops. I believe systemd
5 > is required for gnome for example. I'm not sure of the state of kde,
6 > need to test it. For now, we consider these desktops stable on powerpc
7 > and will reevaluate this at a future date.
8
9 For kde4 at least, KDE had a policy /not/ requiring systemd. I'm not
10 sure on kde5 (the apps for which aren't even in the tree yet, I believe,
11 but it's coming... tho I've been unable to get kwin5 working on amd64
12 here with radeon native kernel/mesa/xorg drivers), but I /believe/
13 they're keeping the same policy as I've not seen otherwise.
14
15 Of course I've no idea of kde ppc status.
20 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman